Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thirty Days of Anime: Day 20



Day 20: Favorite Shojo Anime

It's a tie between...

Marmalade Boy and, you probably guessed it...

Lovely Complex.

Lovely Complex is probably easy to guess, since I've sung it's praises for a while now. But many will look at me perplexed and go, "MARMALADE BOY?!"

Because as ridiculousness in anime goes, it's right up there with Pretear.

The reason it's tied between a legit good shojo anime is mainly for nostalgic reasons. Marmalade Boy paved the way for my love of everything anime. Without MB, I wouldn't have discovered Inuyasha, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Tokyo Majin, or any of my favorites. And while it's painfully cheesy and some parts want to make me rip my hair out (Meiko choosing Nachan over Miwa, ARGH) it still manages to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment