Friday, November 5, 2010

A Serious Confession




I have a confession, ladies and gentlemen. A serious one.

This is not easy to write. Not easy to admit. It's hard you see, fighting addiction. And this is especially shameful.

Ok. Deep breath. Here goes.

I am addicted to Hellcats.




I don't even like cheerleaders! I used to make fun of them in high school. When two of my friends discussed the possibility of joining the cheer squad at my previous college, I had to do a very serious evaluation of our friendship.

See, what happened was I was bored one night and randomly hulu-ing and letmewatchthis-ing shows I'd never seen before. And as the CW has a bunch of n
ew shows out and I figured, hey, Ashley Tisdale and Aly Michalka is in this show, and I love mocking Disney channel stars, so why not watch this for a giggle?

Heh heh.

Yeah, obviously that didn't happen. Cuz I watched the pilot. And then the second episode. And the third. And on. And on.

It's ok, I told myself, I'm just a casual fan. This is the same justification I use for Glee. I don't honestly care what happens in Glee, I just like listening to the music and plus Matthew Morrison is really cute.


See? Pretty, isn't he?

Hellcats has a lot of these same elements. Lots of
cute guys, not to mention I drool over Aly Michalka's body. Not in lust. In envy. Why, oh why, can I not have that same body?
Bitch.

I will admit seeing Matt Barr play a very likeable bad boy kind of weirded me out. I mean, he played Psycho Derek on One Tree Hill (where he attempted to murder two of the characters after nursing a homicidal obsession and stalker fetish) and then I saw him play Brad in Ten Inch Hero, where he harbored secret gay feelings for Tad (and Tad did for him too) and strolled in one night absolutely naked and attempted to initiate a threesome with Daneel Harris's character and Tad. (Tad was all for it, Daneel's character not so much.) What I'm saying is, I've seen Matt's naked butt. I mean, I've seen him play real creepers. That's what I meant. Yeah...so, seeing him as a protagonist was really cool.

Took some getting used to, but I even dubbed him the hottest guy on the show. And when he started a relationship with Ashley Tisdale's character, Savannah, I was totally on board with that. If there's one thing I love, it's a bad boy with a good girl. Slowly without me knowing it, I became invested in their relationship.

And then it happened. Not an hour ago, I watched the most recent episode, and GASP, Savannah and Dan's relationship is in trouble! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I desperately started combing the internet for spoilers on next week's episode, wailed and pleaded both Matt and Ashley's twitter accounts, begging their characters not to break up (as if they have any control, HA) and...

Then realized the horrible truth.

I had become a FAN.

Well, now we all know it. Now that I've accepted it, maybe the next step is recovery.

Could happen quickly too, because I swear to God, if those two break up I will NEVER WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN. EVER.

Sigh. This is going to be the repeat of the Dan/Serena Gossip Girl incident, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment